Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

Preliminary Task Evaluation

For my preliminary task I am going evaluate the front cover and contents page which I created on new software. For my cover I chose the same colours as the school (navy blue, yellow and white) so that when it comes to selling the magazine to the students and teachers it would easily be recognised as a Haydon school product. The font I have used is a mixture; the masthead has a slight classic look to it however the sell lines have a simple look to it. Furthermore, the masthead has got 3 different colours in which 2 are the Haydon school colours. The main image of the front cover is of the new school building in which it has been the most talked about topic, so I thought I would have the new building on my front cover so that the reader (students and teachers) can get more information about it. Furthermore the sell lines are spread around the page so that they can have more focus on the front cover. There is an image of 'cakes' which supports the sell line of 'double delight', as it denotes the new exciting, irresistible food in the canteen, it also promotes the canteens food so that it would encourage the students more to eat in school.
For the contents page, I decided to include an image in the background instead of using a solid colour background which would not be as appealing to the readers. Each contents page line has a number on the left of it to guide the reader. The contents lines are in red and capitalized so it can stand out from the page. I included a social media section as it is most likely that students use social media more and it is a great way of finding out extra information about this magazine and to get in contact for valid reasons like opinions on the magazine, articles to feature etc…
The good thing about my magazine is that I have shown my skills through this task. I like the way I have set the contents page out with an image in the background being transparent. I like the way how I have used different colours for the sell lines for the front cover.

I believe that I have met the criteria for the preliminary task and have successfully created a school magazine however there are many things I could have done different. I could have used more professional images and locations around the school site, I used my phone which has a fairly low quality. I could have made the layout of the front cover and the contents page much neater as on the front cover, everything is scattered around the page so it looks very busy. I could have included less sell lines and keep it simple.
When Ii comes to doing the real task, I will make sure I use the new skills which I have learnt from my preliminary task for my actual task. I will also make sure that some elements of the magazine are presented much neater than the preliminary task.




No comments:

Post a Comment